Enviromark currently has a position open for Vacuum Truck Operator. The Equipment Operator is responsible for the safe operation of vacuum trucks and equipment to complete single task jobs requiring one crew as well as turnarounds with management oversight at client sites. Successful operators are team oriented, and highly motivated. Operators receive on the job training as needed to ensure they can safely and effectively operate and maintain vacuum equipment in accordance with appropriate regulations, equipment specifications, and in line with company policies, practices, and procedures.
Operates CDL required Vacuum trucks and Water Jetter and other non-CDL equipment
- Labels, marks, and manifests shipments in accordance with applicable DOT regulations and Company policies, practices and procedures.
- Loads Material onto trucks appropriately.
- Interacts with customer regarding job status, client requirements, and assures customer satisfaction
- Always operates vehicle safely.
- Maintains a current driver’s license, or CDL as required.
- Safely transports hazardous & non-hazardous waste while operating company vehicles.
- Completes a vehicle inspection report to assure vehicles and equipment are safe to operate before leaving company premises.
- CDL drivers assure brake adjustment inspections are completed prior to use.
- Maintains a drivers log as required to assure compliance with all regulations.
- Operates and maintains trucks and equipment per manufactures recommendations.
- Does not modify any vehicle or piece of equipment without written permission from the manufacturer and Company management.
- Obeys all traffic laws and regulations when operating and driving company vehicle.
- Trained on the installation, operation, and repairs of mechanical devices such as pumps, valves, PTO’s etc.
- May troubleshoot equipment and make minor repairs if they have the knowledge to complete the task safely.
- Wears personal protective equipment as required by Company, DOT, OSHA, and customer regulations.
- Trained on the proper use of all PPE required to do the work safely.
- Immediately reports all accidents, near misses, and injuries involving employee or others while operating company vehicles/equipment to the Safety Manager over the area.
- Recommends changes and improvements to safety and services based on job experience & observations.
- Verifies that the load, tools, equipment, and materials are secured properly before transporting begins.
- Answers calls at night and weekends as necessary.
- Performs other duties when assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent
Language proficiency: understand English at a level to comprehend safety training and respond to instructions in emergency situations
Valid driver’s license, CDL Class A or B and other requirements of company’s driving policy
Must be knowledgeable in the operation of emergency equipment, such as fire extinguishers
Experience operating a vacuum truck
Working knowledge of operating equipment used in wet and dry vacuums
Fill Out the Form Below to Apply